This Almond Flour Bread will be so easy for you to make and so quick, that it may just become your “go to” for busy school mornings. Or just a great alternative to regular banana bread that typically calls for 1/4-1/2 cup of white sugar. Uhm, put some icing on that and we’ll just call it banana cake.
This only has 3 T of maple syrup, the natural sweetness of ripened bananas, and delicious, filling, naturally gluten free almond flour.
Test it out, try it and let me know how it goes!
We love it with chocolate chips of course.
- Wet ingredients:
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted & slightly cooled
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Dry ingredients:
- 2 cups almond flour (no other flour recommended)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 T Chia seeds (optional just extra omega 3's)
- 2T ground flax seed (optional just extra omega 3's)
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper or rub with coconut oil. Make sure it's not too deep or your bread will be mushy in the middle.
- Mix all wet ingredients in a mixing bowl or standing mixer. I mix bananas first.
- Once mixed well, add the dry ingredients to the wet and blend well.
- Fold in whatever add in's you desire. Blueberries work well too. But no frozen. They will be too wet.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes (my oven is 45 b/c I like it well baked)
- Let cool a bit before cutting