- 1 15 oz can of black beans. Drained and Rinsed
- 2 eggs
- 3 T coconut oil, melted. Or butter
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- Optional toppings....
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease a muffin or brownie baking tin
- Blend all ingredients together until Smooth (make sure beans are drained and rinsed)
- Evenly distribute batter
- Bake for 20 minutes (or more if needed)
- Let cool for 20 minutes.
I actually used to be Vegan. After reading the book Skinny Bitch, I became obsessed with avoiding all animal products. I’m not Vegan anymore because it didn’t suit me well, but instead source animal products more ethically.
I discovered these awesome black bean brownies floating around the internet one day and just had to try them. The ones I found were Vegan because they omitted eggs, but eggs are okay with me so this recipe does have eggs.
Plus what about all those black beans? Major protein. And it’s much better than digesting a bunch of gluten and flour.
These would be AMAZING with some New Barn Vanilla “Ice Cream.” No guilty pleasure here. Just pure pleasure. Enjoy.